What are you looking for?

Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Love Vintage Show: Brisbane

We had the greatest time at Brisbane’s Love Vintage fair on Friday, April 5! There was plenty to see and do; dolls had the opportunity to be styled vintage by the lovely ladies at the Lindy Charm School for Girls whilst the & guys could score a neat, new vintage do; Not to mention learn to dance the Charleston then have the chance to meet Les Gold from American Hit show Hardcore Pawn! He and his family appeared at the fair, with Les attending Brisbane and his children attending Sydney & Melbourne.

-All this under the one roof and for the first time ever at Brisbane’s LV, ‘Love Weddings’ was also exhibiting there.
At 7.00pm, registrations for Brisbane’s Best Dressed closed. Luckily, I got in on time and became contestant 35. If I recall correctly, there was 40 entrants and again, lucky for me, I scored a place! There was both men, woman and teens competing displaying 20s-80s vintage couture, reproductions, originals and even home-made pieces. Just lovely!
But the best part of all was sharing the love for vintage & vintage inspired fashion with other fellow retro-heads and taking home your new pieces bought at the show. I am absolutely fond of the new brooches I bought with a gift voucher I won at Kijaro Vintage & Stationery! One being a gorgeous gold bird –it looks like a Mockingjay, but if you can tell me what breed of bird it is it would be much appreciated- and one is a beautiful floral brooch of white porcelain.
Just quickly, I thought I’d share with you the Lindy Charm School for Girls oath: “I shalt always endeavor to wear red lipstick…”
Kisses,
Brittany





1 comment:

  1. I have been informed that this bird is a Hummingbird. hehehe

    ReplyDelete

What did you think of this post? Your feedback is appreciated!! c: